The aim of this course is to provide the candidate with a theoretical knowledge and the practical skills; to recognise the risks of unsafe practices involved in manual handling as required by the Manual Handling Regulations.
Who is this course for? Under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007, it is a requirement that ALL employees attend Manual Handling Training with particular emphasis on anyone who is engaged in the lifting and handling of loads.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment T.I.L.E.
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Safe Manual Handling
- Manual Handling demonstration
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- The basic principles of Safe Lifting
Duration: 3 hours
Method of Delivery: Classroom based training
Assessment: Tutor assessed
Certification: TTM Training Certification – CPD Accredited