Epilepsy and Buccal Midazolam (Seizure Management)
Aim: This course will teach participants to quickly and accurately identify various presentations of epileptic episodes, and how to safely administer an oral anticonvulsant.
Who is this course for? This course is designed for medical/non-nursing personnel.
Certification: 2 year certification on successful completion of this course.
- Epilepsy awareness.
- What is Epilepsy?
- Causes of Epilepsy.
- Diagnosis of Epilepsy.
- What is a seizure?
- Causes of a seizure?
- Types of seizures.
- Stages and management of complex partial seizure.
- Stages and management of Tonic Clonic Seizures.
- When to call an ambulance.
- Seizure triggers.
- Treatment options.
- Medication side effects.
- Lifestyle implications.
- Recording seizures.
- Epilepsy care plan.
- What is Midazolam?
- How Buccal Midazolam works.
- Advantages of Buccal Midazolam.
- Potential side effects.
- Indications for use.
- Convulsive and non-convulsive status.
- How to prepare Buccal Midazolam.
- Side effects.
Method of Delivery: Small group, face to face delivery.
Duration: 2-3 hours.
Assessment: Multiple choice questionnaire.VIEW ALL COURSES