HACCP Food Safety Level 1 & 2
Aim: This Food Safety course is designed to introduce participants to food safety and hygiene issues and is based on the HACCP criteria set down by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s Guide to Food Safety Training at Level 1 & 2.
Who is this course for? This course is designed for people who take part in food preparation, service, handling and storage or have responsibility for managing food safety. It is also suitable for people working in professional kitchens and delicatessens, such as hotels, canteens, nursing homes, hospitals, restaurants, childcare, as well as food producers.
Certification: Upon successful completion participants will receive Food Safety (HACCP) Level 1 & 2 Certification, downloadable from their learners account.
- Understand the importance of good food hygiene and recognise the various different types of health issues that poor food hygiene may cause.
- Be able to identify the various different types of food safety hazards and know what to do to prevent them from putting food at risk.
- Be in a position to maintain good standards of personal hygiene so that you can prevent food from getting contaminated.
- Understand why thorough cleaning and proper waste management is important
- Understand how to carry out effective cleaning activities.
- Understand what the legislation is around food hygiene and you need to comply with the regulations.
- Understand the principles and implantation of a HACCP program.
Method of Delivery: Online.
Duration: 6-8 hours to complete. Once registered participants can access the course online for 3 days.
Assessment: An online assessment is taken on completion of each module. Participants will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80% required.
Please note: The answers are marked automatically so participants instantly know if they have passed. If unsuccessful, the course can be completed again at no extra charge.View all online courses
Start your online course today!
Register & Purchase here for your Online Course