Infection Prevention & Control
Aim: This course will give those at risk from infection the essential skills to protect themselves in line with national standards.
Who is this course for? This course is for people working in the healthcare and nursing areas, or any profession where infection control and management of it is required.
Certification: On successful completion of this course, certification is valid for 2 years.
- Overview of infection control.
- World Health Organisation ‘Cleaner Care is Safer Care’ pact.
- Infection prevention and control.
- Hand hygiene, including a practical session for each participant.
- Waste management and decontamination issues.
- Personal protection, including the types of protective equipment available to use.
- Needle-stick injuries or any occupational health injury/accident.
Method of Delivery: Small group, face to face delivery with video presentations.
Duration: 4 hours.
Assessment: Participants will be evaluated on infection control techniques; competency must be demonstrated in all areas. Multiple choice questionnaire.VIEW ALL COURSES