Managing Self Harming Behaviours
Aim: Participants will learn how to effectively support persons who self-harm, gain greater awareness of behaviours of concern and best practice interventions.
Who is this course for? This course is designed specifically for social care personnel.
Certification: 2 year validation on successful completion of this course.
- The ‘function’ behind self-harming behaviours.
- Strategies/interventions to manage such behaviours.
- Evidenced-based perspectives.
- Best practice interventions.
- Inform social care practitioners on working more effectively with persons who self-harm.
- Build confidence in working with persons who self-harm/injure.
Method of Delivery: Small group, face to face delivery with handouts provided.
Duration: 4 hours.
Assessment: Practical assessment.VIEW ALL COURSES