Patient Moving & Handling (Practical Training)
Note: COVID 19 training update:
Before you attend this practical training course, you will need to provide TTM Training with an online manual handling training certificate. We would recommend that you try the HSELAND online manual handling training https://www.hseland.ie/
Aim: This course teaches safe and effective techniques used in the safe moving and handling of people in a variety of settings.
Who is this course for? This course is designed for healthcare personnel who require training in the safe movement and handling of patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a certificate valid for 2 years.
- Current legislation and its application in a manual handling environment.
- Musculoskeletal system.
- Biomechanics and mechanism of injury.
- Ergonomics and risk assessment.
- Basic principles of lifting.
- Log roll.
- Sitting a patient up in bed.
- Turning a patient in bed using sliding sheets.
- Moving a patient up the bed using sliding sheets.
- Sitting a patient to edge of a bed.
- Standing patient.
- Transferring patient from bed to chair.
- The falling patient.
Method of Delivery: Classroom Assessment
Duration: 4-6 hours.
Assessment: Participants will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques, competency must be demonstrated in all movements. Multiple choice questionnaire.VIEW ALL COURSES