QQI Level 5 Special Needs Assistant
Our eLearning QQI Level 5 Special Needs Assistant (SNA) module is designed to enable learners to work effectively as Special Needs Assistants and gain an understanding of the skills required to ensure children they are working with become independent learners. They will learn to work under the direction of the teacher and work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Who should complete this course?
- People who wish to pursue a career in Childcare or as a Special Needs Assistant (SNA).
- People looking to gain a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Component Certificate in Special Needs Assisting (5N1786) at Level 5.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This Award is validated by QQI and The Open College. For more Accreditation information, please click here.
- Unit 1: Context of Special Needs
- Unit 2: Good Practice
- Unit 3: Relating to people with Special Needs
- Unit 4: Relating to other Stakeholders
- Unit 5: Special Needs Assisting Skills.
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics. Learners must complete the following two tasks:
- Skills Demonstration 60%
This Skills Demonstration is divided into two sections:
Section (1) – the learner will be required to demonstrate their knowledge with regard to working with those who have a special need.
Section (2) – the learner will be assessed on the practical elements of working with those who have special needs.
- Learner Record 40%
Learners are required to compile a learner record which must be drawn from experiences. It must include reflections on their experiences and challenges, an examination of the values associated with working in the special needs environment and identify their personal learning and development.
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
Note: Course delivered online with The Open College.
View all online courses
Start your online course today!
Register & Purchase here for your Online Course