QQI Level 6 Business Management
In this QQI Level 6 Business Management distance learning course the learner will learn about a range of organisations from Sole Traders, Private and Public organisations, Partnerships and Co-Operatives, they will also learn about their mission statements, visions, their objectives and structures. They will learn how to conduct a SWOT analysis in a organisation, in other words looking at the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities that face an organisation and the student will also learn about external factors that impact upon an organisation by conducting a PEST analysis.
They will be taught how organisations manage and adopt to change and will also learn about the role of management in terms of planning, controlling, measuring performance within an organisation and learn about the different leadership styles and their impact on both groups and individuals in the organisation and about the Human Resources function and the key role it plays within an organisation in terms of selection, appraising employees, managing and resolving conflict with an organisation.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at any convenient place and time, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- Managers in business who have to make direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter through distance learning.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Management (6N4310).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This Award is validated by QQI and The Open College. For more Accreditation information, please click here.
- Types of Organisation
- Organisation Structure
- Organisation Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Micro Environment
- Macro Environment (PEST)
- The Manager’s Role
- Managing People
- Managing Information
- Managing Finance
- Motivating Staff
- Recruiting Staff
- Interviewing Skills
- Appraising Staff
- Managing Conflict
- Training & Development
- Report Writing
- Time Management
- Project Management
- e-mail & the Internet
- This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.Assignments (2) 40%
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient. If students need to extend this period for any reason during or near the end of the course they can request an extension through the college.
Note: Course delivered online with The Open College.
View all online courses
Start your online course today!
Register & Purchase here for your Online Course