QQI Level 6 Disability Awareness
Aim: Learners who complete this QQI Disability Awareness course will obtain the knowledge on different definitions of disability in relation to historical and cultural influences. Learners will acquire knowledge of various types of physical and learning disabilities.
They will be familiar with the different assistive technology and teaching methods which will help with the negative aspects of each disability and will acquire an understanding of the various theoretical models of disability and will have an awareness of the different legal issues associated with disability.
Course documentation for this course is detailed, comprehensive and easy to read. This distance learning QQI accredited course means that students can study flexibly at home, or at work, while gaining an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
Who should complete this course?
- People who wish to pursue a career working with people who suffer from a disability.
- People looking to gain a QQI Level 6 Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education – 6M2007.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI component certificate in Disability Awareness (6N1975) at Level 6.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This Award is validated by QQI and The Open College. For more Accreditation information, please click here.
- Types of Disabilities and Conditions
- Behaviour Difficulties and their Management
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Self-Regulation and Social Skills Training.
- This course is assessed through a number of assignments and a Learner Record which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.Assignment 50%
Learner Record 50%
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
Note: Course delivered online with The Open College.
View all online courses
Start your online course today!
Register & Purchase here for your Online Course