QQI Level 6 Employment Law
This QQI Level 6 Employment Law course is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Learners will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
It is designed to equip participants with knowledge of the component parts of employment law and an appreciation of how employment law principles work in practice. In addition, candidates who successfully complete this module will develop an in-depth understanding of the statutory frameworks which regulate the employer/employee relationship.
Who should complete this course?
- Students who wish to obtain a general understanding of Employment Law principles and to enable them to appreciate the role of the law in their Business or work place environment.
- Business Owners looking to up skill their knowledge on all Employment Law and Legislations.
- People who wish to gain a professional, internationally recognised qualification in Law by distance learning.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Employment Law (6N4322) from QQI.
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. The Open College is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
This Award is validated by QQI and The Open College. For more Accreditation information, please click here.
Unit 1: The Regulatory Framework
Unit 2: Contracts of Employment
Unit 3: Discrimination
Unit 4: Dismissal and Redundancy
Unit 5: Health & Safety at Work
Unit 6: Collective Employment Law.
- This course is assessed through a combination of assignments and a supervised exam. Students taking this module will have to sit an examination (€50.00) that is normally held in Dublin but arrangements can be made in outside centres around the country. This can be paid before exam dates and is not required upon enrolment.Examination (Theory-Based) 40%
Assignments x 2 60%
Students can complete this course within 8 weeks which is ample time and can start it at any time of the year that is convenient.
Note: Course delivered online with The Open College.
View all online courses
Start your online course today!
Register & Purchase here for your Online Course