Aim: This Food Safety awareness course is designed to introduce participants to food safety and hygiene issues and is based on the HACCP criteria set by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s (FSAI) Guide to Food Safety Training at Level 1 & 2.
Who is this course for? This course is designed for people who take part in food preparation, service, handling and storage or have responsibility for managing food safety. It is also suitable for people working in professional kitchens, delicatessens, hotels, canteens, nursing & care homes, hospitals, restaurants, childcare, as well as food producers.
Certification: Upon successful completion participants will receive a Food Safety Awareness (HACCP Level 1 & 2) Certification.
- Understand the importance of good food hygiene and recognise the different types of health issues that poor food hygiene may cause.
- Understand the legislation & regulations concerning food hygiene and safety in Ireland.
- Be able to identify the different types of food safety hazards and know how to prevent them from putting food at risk.
- Learn about good standards of personal hygiene so that you can prevent food from getting contaminated.
- Understand the principles of a HACCP program.
Method of Delivery: Online (Self Thought)
Duration: 2-3 hours to complete. Once registered participants can access the training up to 60 days.
Assessment: An online assessment is taken on completion of the course. Participants will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80% required. CPD Accredited course